Sunday, September 03, 2006

SENZ 06

What a weekend I have had - scrappers heaven!! LOL I hadn't been to SENZ before so had no idea what to expect. I was working for Up2Scrap on friday and taking 2 classes yesterday. But ohh the shopping!!!! I had a ball and not only maxed out the visa but hiked up the overdraft as well!!! LOL Probably not as much as some people however, I was amazed when I was working on the Up2 stand how much people were spending.

Some of my fave stands were Scrapbooking Fever from New Plymouth (I know now that if we ever move back to the Naki that I will be making that shop my second home!!), Craft spot for the cheap kids bargains and their yummy Wild Asparagus and Kaliedascope pp, I also spent a bit at the stand in the back corner by Montargna stamps that had all the SEI and Up2 got a bit of my $$ too when I saw the latest GinX and the cool wooden letters made by Dave the Letterman.

I treated myself to a K&Co frippery bracelet and went back and bought another one to make for a present, also got a lunchpail to make Q a school album. I even splurged on my first Queen and Co and got some sequin flowers. I so could have spent several thousand if I had it LOL.

I got to play with the new Cricut - man that thing is whizzy cool! I soooo want one but will have to wait till they are at least 1/2 the price they are now.

I gained a few swap pins. Unfortunately I lost one in the wind yesterday and have no idea whose it was. I have 9 left outta my 22 which is better than 20 LOL, if anyone is desparately wanting one lemme know and I will send you one. Well what else will I do with them?? Here is a pic of my haul.

Working was pretty good, had to get my head around using a till again but the eftpos was a bit beyond me!! Steph has a new line out called Out of The Closet which is all vintage ribbons and lace and bits and bobs - tis very gorgeous and each piece is unique - totally a must have even if you don't do heritage LOs. I would have bought more but dh would have divorced me. Between working on the stand I was cleaning up and setting up classes for Yolande, Charlotte Whitta and Ngaire Bartlam. These ladies are amazingly talented and I am so wishing I had done Charlotte's vintage doll class and Yolande's recipie book - I so need to save up for the next time SENZ is in Palmy.

I did do 2 of Ngaire's classes which were a total blast, Ngaire is the loveliest person and her classes were fun and they pushed my boundaries with creating a tag book using some cool rubber stamps (I only own alphabet stamps LOL). She also gave great advice on getting good pics of yourself - which I must have forgotten as this pic was taken!
Sorry that is a terrible pic of me! anyone know how to photoshop me a new smiling head?
I can't reccomend taking her classes highly enough should you get the opportunity. I will hopefully finish my LOs and tag book this week and will post them on here for you to see.

I have already altered the Q &A I bought - will have to leave showing those to you until I decide what I am entering for my final DT comp - they are looking very cool though.

I got to go to the SENZ awards dinner last night as a reward for volunteering , the charity auction raised quite a bit for Endometriosis. I was bidding on the desk set that Yolande made for the cover of the August Up2 cover but was outbidded. The Cricut people had put up a cricut which a lucky bidder got for about $450 (they are retailing for $649!)

Before I go and sort out the spuds for tea go check out Scrapbook Outlets new comp GET REAL
should be fun and some great prizes in the offering too - mind you I would like to win the big one LOL

Will update tomorrow after Q's first day at school - one more sleep!!

2 Comments:

At 6:44 am, Blogger Trina said...

OMG I'm so jealous. Can't wait for SENZ to be here.

 
At 11:20 pm, Blogger Rach H said...

well I'm not surprised Scrapbooking Fever was a fav.........I told ppl to go there on my blog.......cause I saw what she had made + was selling + bought a few goodies from her myself before it went to SENZ!! Its not what you know its who you know.........lol
sounds like you had a ball. I don't really want to know......lol.....but Yolande phoned me the very afternoon she got home to tell me all about it.
hope hubby still loves you after all that spending???
and look at your boy a school boy....another whole new world for him + you to a certain extent. Bet A misses him? Ruby misses Finn everyday but then they fight like cats + dogs when he gets in!!
ok i think I have written a book.....so better get to bed!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home