Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's a lovely day today....

and whatever you've got to do..... flag it and sit on the couch and veg!!! I am feeling decidedly weary it could be one of three things really.
1. The eskimo waking me up at 5 a flippin clock! that's am not pm!! And that is after he spent most of the night on the floor of our room - so gotta put a halt to this latest habit.
2. The walk I went on with Jo and Sara while the kids were at playcentre - I am thinking 4 kms is a bit much when one hasn't exercised for a month or so! I so need new walking shoes as my old faithfulls are now killing my feet.
3. I could very well be getting round 2 of this flu that none of us quite seems able to shake, I am feeling rather hot and have a scratchy throat and a poundin headache. Ahh joy :)

Not alot going on here. Went to town on Sat to get groceries (thank god dad and the WSM came to give me a hand - so cannot manage 2 kids and 2 trolleys on me own) and treated the kidlets to Maccas for being sort of well behaved in town (if you ignore the running on the road and not listening to their sainted mother good??) While we were there the Steam train that runs from Feilding to Ohakune was about to leave and we got to see it up close and personal. Luckily I had the camera as I had thought to myself I'd take it to town despite having no need to. Here is the train....


Man it was loud and the amount of steam coming off it was amazing too. Many many moons ago when i was in the bay of the islands on holiday with my friend Erica and her parents we went on a steam train but I don't remember getting close up to it. For those who are still awake, my great grandad Cunningham (the irish one from Oamaru - Bron) used to drive steam trains.

Had an unexpected trip to town again yesterday which was my own dopey fault for not clearing the answer machine, Di had rung on sunday to say she wasn't going in to kindy and well we turned up to her place, bean was still in her batsuit and I was in house cleanin clothes so we had to race home and get dressed and fed and race off again (in 7 min I tell ya) to get the small boy to kindy. Will teach me to check the answer phone before i go to bed. Of course I got home to a message to say that there is a playcentre trip to the pool and maccas on thurs and i also have my Up2Scrap classes on Sat and have 1/2 a tank of petrol and no denero - can one make petrol outta water and rice crackers i am wondering??

I have been scrapping but have nothing to show you... I did a LO using the tarisota which I am holding back till I know what I need to do to enter the Up2 DT call and I am working on a scraplift of one of Nic Finno's gorgeous LOs in the latest SC which took me 9 hours to embroider!! I just need to do the title and journalling and i will be able to put it on here, tis rather luffly if I do say so myself ;) Mojo is still on holiday, if you find it at your house give it a good kicking home!

Still awaiting some baby news, the lovely Evana is 5 days over due, my new guess is she will have bubs while I am scrappin on sat. Also Trina is due today, check out her gorgeous Scenic Route LO on her blog. The race is on to see which baby will put in an appearence first!!

Well I guess I should attempt to look like a slightly good wife and mother and cook some tea.

In the words of bean who has been singing this all day.....

Buenos Noches!!

2 Comments:

At 8:25 pm, Blogger Twobees said...

Hey Sharee. What a lovely photo of the train. You will have to do a layout of it and maybe have a photo of your great grandad Cunningham. I can see that photo in Black and white and maybe keep the red bit red IYKWIM. What a bugger with Q at Kindy (I never realised you had a answer machine :) ). Hope it isn't the flu you have come down with. Take care and talk to you soon.

 
At 1:21 pm, Blogger dallas said...

Neat train pic!! And I think I know just the layout you're lifting - it's on my list too!! It's just gorgeous, look forward to seeing yours! Do you still need some black and white cotton??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home