Friday, July 07, 2006

I must be insane?!!

Would you believe that I, a previously normal and sane person of *mumble* years spent 2 hours of yesterday lunchtime in the layby queue in Kmart??!! I know stupid or what!?? I mean really the money I saved would be less than the sanity I lost!!
Dh had the day off so we decided to hit Kmart and get the small people some xmas pressies seeing as Kmart has no deposit layby we didn't even need to spend $$ - good plan um um um nuh!! We looked around with the kids to see what there was and then I said to dh "you take the kids out so they don't see what I am getting and I will catch up with you after I layby it" not realising that the queue extended back to the garden section and not only that but it was the worlds slowest queue too - these 2 poor women in the layby dept alone trying to get all these laybys processed, i fleetingly felt sorry for them.
I tell ya it nearly caused me to divorce one farmboy when after 2 hours there was no sign of him and i was thinking he's gone home without me, not to mention I was bloody starvin!! Anyhoo, a trolley full of toys was eventually put on layby - the things we do for our children I's tells ya!!

Then we went to lunch at dad's erm 45 min late! Followed by a trip to see Over the Hedge - not as good as I was expecting in fact out of the 2 Cars was my pick for better movie. Of course it was 5 when we got out of there and we decided to go to the Warehouse cos I wanted to get Princess Bride on DVD "my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father! Prepare to die!" one of my all time faves :) Ended up spending too much as usual and then headed off to get fush and chips.... let me tell ya the best F&C I have ever eaten!!
I have been hanging out for F&C for the past week and i was hoping not to be disappointed, I coulda driven back and gotten more! If you are ever in Palmy you need to get fish and chips from the place on the corner of Ferguson and Cook streets (across the road from the scrapbookin shop) I am a huge paua fritter fan and their gourmet paua fritter is to die for!!

Ok photos for you...

1. This is the photo frame I altered last weekish, it was a horrible dusky pink colour but it's redeemning feature was it is made from crumpled paper, coat of MM celery paint and some embies and much better!

2. This is my new baby, my dad bought it for me at the Kmart sale :) No more being teased for my teat buckets I tell ya!! Hurry up november so I can pack it for scrap camp!! Jealous yet Bron?

3. This one is my boy's "eyebarrow" after he was being a dork and slipped and cut it open on the coffee table - luckily no stitches this time. That'll teach him not to wear his sisters tights!

4. this is himself again being cheesy in dh's sunglasses that the kids broke the lenses out of - too cute ROFL!!

5. This one is the ratbags during their hour long bath this afternoon - sometimes they are just too cute for words.

Well that's all folks! Tis too blimmin cold sittin here on the puter my feet are frostbitten from the draft comin under the door!

3 Comments:

At 9:37 pm, Blogger Twobees said...

Absolutey awesome work Sharee. I adore the altered photo frame and the bag (yummo). As for the layouts. Just gorgeous and awesome work. Boy I have some catching up to do don't I?

 
At 9:11 pm, Blogger Donna said...

Good for you getting xmas bargains. Alas my 2 are too old to be trusted that they won't change their minds about what they want this far out!!
I am very envious of your cute scraptote! You will look very sheek LOL. I went to Scrapcamp with a GG biccie box.

 
At 9:14 pm, Blogger Donna said...

PS Forgot to say your layouts for SO cybercrop are fabulous!! I achieved nothing but struggling with my xtra connection all night...lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home