Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Brr tis freezin!!






Yesterday would have to have been the coldest day ever that I have experienced, last night at the playcentre meeting the girls were saying it is the coldest it has been in Apiti for as long as they can remember - and some of them have been here 10 plus years! Tooo effin cold! The house didn't get very warm even with the fire going and I was dying for a bath - cursed shub!!

Who was the idiot that invented the shub?? It would have to be the most useless bathroom thingy ever!! Pointless as a shower (and hard for children and old folk like myself to get their legs over) and too small to be of any use as a bath (believe me I have tried!!!). Must have been a man come up with that one methinks. I am a bath girl, I have been having huge withdrawls from my bath in the year we have been here. I like to soak my weary bones, with a glass of vino, chocolate and a trashy novel. I like it hot too, boiling hot - the kind of hot that makes you gasp when you first get in - ahhh bliss!! My dream is to own a spa bath one day, I once had a bath in one that massaged your back like lotsa little fingers - mmmmm.
On the subject of baths could someone email me a photo of their feet sticking up by the taps in their bath (high resolution please) I am itching to scrap a bath LO and of course cannae achieve the pic in a cursed tub!!! I won't reveal your identity if you don't want me too. (No rudie bits please this is a family blog ROFL)

I digress, what have we been doing since erm yesterday LOL. 2/3s of really. I cracked out the spinning wheel and finished plying the wool I was spinning on sunday that gave me RSI of the lower leg -who on earth gets RSI in their leg? I ask you!! Q decided he wanted a scarf after having to use my scarf in the snow. So I have knitted this for him using wool I have not only spun but grown the sheep for (well obviously I didn't have a blue sheep - now that would make a great LO) the brown is from my baby Caramello who was a darling and would eat out of my hand. For those who haven't known me longer than the last 4 years, I used to have my own flock of black sheep who were all named after chocolate (Latte, Top Deck, Hersey - you get the picture), I love them but we had to sell them when we lived in Hawera cos we couldn't get grazing easily. Caramello and my ram Shadow were my favourites. Must scan some pics and scrap em. Anyhoo this is Q's scarf and I am knitting him a matching hat but need to spin some more to finish it.


I am still procrastinating from finishing the kids jerseys (2 for Q and 1 for bean) and have been knitting everything but, I made this scarf on the weekend. I dunno if I like it, the wool was nicer on the ball methinks. Anyone want it if I decide I don't like it? Still no scrappin I have been good, $50 says my mojo goes on holiday on friday!!

I am starting to look forward to scrap camp, they are having a trakkies and tiaras theme on sat night with prizes for best get up, I am gonna shoot into the whare whero tomorrow and get myself a pink shirt and emblazon it with Queen of Apiti, should be good for a laff. I think i will forgo a tiara of beans and wear my wedding one as it is unlikely I will ever need it for anyhting else LOL.

More pics, can you believe I am putting all these pics on here and none of them are of the kids! Yes I do take pics of other things occasionally. First up was taken while it was snowing, this is the veiw from out by my car shed and no it wasn't taken with a zoom.

next up is one of some old flower heads with snow in them, they looked quite cool. The pic at the beginning of this post is the snow on the hills directly behind us at lunchtime today.

Oh I nearly forgot - my fave news of the day!! Quinn officially starts school on the 9th of October woohoo!!! I am so excited to have a date to count down to. he will go every second day until his birthday on the 25th. Funny though after I found that out this morning he has looked bigger and older.

Have a good evening and I hope you are all keeping warm wherever you are.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 pm, Blogger Twobees said...

Gorgeous photos Sharee. Now I know what it looks like from your car shed LOL. Those scarves look so nice and warm, we need them down here as it is so cold BRRRR. Have a great day tomorrow :) take care Bronny :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home