Monday, June 12, 2006

There won't be snow in Apiti....

Today at least! We have had gale force winds and torrential rain - including the 2 or 3 litres that came in my dining room window whilst it was closed!!! A bit of sleet mid morning but not the snow the kids and I are praying for. I decided to flag taking Quinn to kindy and Aislinn to swimming today, I hate driving in the wind anyway and it was just too hairy for me to consider. So we hunkered down inside by the fire. Wind was so feirce it blew the roof off the bunny hutch, luckily the girls were huddled in the corner and Elliot hadn't found them. Hopefully the extra weight we put on it will protect them further.

I have broken my self imposed promise not to scrap until scrap camp and did this LO which is a scraplift of one in the latest CK, but I liked it and man hasn't Q grown!!

Good news on the publishing front Up2Scrap has accepted my Kau Mate and Godspeed LOs for the next issue, he he more scrappin $$$. Next issue is out in August I think.

More good news HUGE CONGRATS to BA & Tracey over in Oz on the arrival of their no3 son Charlie who looks just like his big brother Mitchell - brings back memories of when Mitchell was a baby - here is Mitchell and Charlie - AWWWW!!

Everyone seems to be having babies this year, I have 2 scrapping friends due shortly, and Sharon and Carrie-Ann both due in Oct and early Nov, Peter's cousin Shirleen is expecting twins around my birthday too.

As for my 2, Quinn was back at the dr on thursday afternoon with his 2nd ear infection in 10 days, after he had none last year I was hoping he would be free of them this winter. If he gets another one this month I will ask for him to be referred for grommits, he was just so miserable, he can't go all winter having multiple ear infections. Aislinn is ok, perfecting the art of being a drama queen mostly.

Not much else is new here, I have got my spinning wheel up and running again and spun a ball on Saturday which I was pleased with considering i haven't spun in 5 years - man my leg was sore but!! We had the 80s party on Sat night, scary really how many people had on the exact things I used to wear!! Party was a bit disappointing but I did take a couple of pics to make you laff. Hideous I know!!!

Of course then Q had to try on daddy's wig the next day...

2 Comments:

At 9:14 am, Blogger Delys said...

Awesome news about the Up2scrap submissions! Love the photos of the party. I have a fancy dress this weekend so must visit the hire shop! Love the LO BTW!

 
At 10:55 am, Blogger Twobees said...

Huge congrats on the layouts Sharee :) Love the layouts and the photos, just stunning. I can see layouts coming ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home