Sunday, July 02, 2006

Been busy scrappin...

Friday night was the first SO online crop (and my first online crop ever) such fun!! Didn't get alot of scrapping done at the time though, it was great to chat to all the ladies instead. I did manage to knock up an entry for Rach's challenge to scrap and 8x8 LO about myself. Peter took these pics for me on Friday so I'd have a photo to use, they aren't bad for his terrible photography skills LOL!
here I am in my gorgeousness....

The next challenge I did was for Shani's challenge which had to use bazzill and be embellished with things from around the house. I used some of the wool from the scarf I am knitting, a tab off a coke tin (wool is going through it) and some shells from a necklace I bought in samoa. Pic is Q and Tazzy at the beach (sunset pic again) this feb....

Then today I did this one which I just LOVE!!! The major challenge from SO is todo a sketch and then scrap a winter pic and use 2 pieces of pp that they sell in the shop. This is mine using KI Memories chill out range. I wanted to make it crisp and wintry so I handstitched a border in krenik metallic blue thread which has clear beads, sequins and silver star sequins sewn in too. Went back to my childhood and made some snowflakes which the kids thought was cool, added some bling with all the jewel brads that came with my pack of petals, some spotlight jewels (cheaper than HS and you get more!) and oh some silver metallic card that Lou from scrap camp gave me (thanks Lou) - if I wasn't entering this in the comp for SO, I'd darn well save it to enter in the FK ET.

Fingers crossed I might win something - I'd love to win Rach's challenge for the pink bag full of Queen & Co goodies, but I am picking Yolande or Delys might win it. I did however win the weekly challenge last week with my sunset play LO and am scoring a kit for that (too exciting winning my first ever scrappin comp).

Also scrapped this one earlier in the week, which I also love, CBX pp, bg chipboard which I painted and stamped. This pic is my 2 and my best friend Lisa's kids last time we went to masterton.

Not much else is new, school holidays have started and we will be spending the entire 2 weeks at home *gasp*. Aislinn has finished swimming for this term and i think i will leave it till term 4 before starting her again, she has improved but needs to keep going once the flu season (and snow) have finished. I can't believe it is only a term until Q starts school - where the heck did all that time go? It seems like a year ago I was thinking it would take forever to come around.

Most exciting thing to happen to me this week.....Peter has agreed I can sign up for some Tarisota goodies WOOHOOO!!! I am getting the obsession and addiction packs - yummo!! hope it doesn't take long to get here from Oz, I am allowed 6 months if I am a good girl and don't buy scrappin supplies elsewhere (I sorta told him this would be all I'd need) I feel there will be some sneaky purchasing but SSHHH! Don't tell!

erm what else besides scrappin?? we took the kids to see Cars yesterday, I thought it would be too long for them but they loved it and it didn't drag on like I thought it might. I am thinking we will have to go see Over the Hedge next payday as the trailer for it was better than what they are showin on tv. Can reccomend Cars, I have a feeling it will be Q's new fave, he wanted to see it again 10 min after we walked out!

Well that's about all for this week. I need one of those remotes to fast forward the school holidays! Well it could snow and keep the kids entertained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home