Sunday, October 08, 2006

School tomorrow!!! WOOHOO!!!

Can you tell I am glad the holidays are over?? What gave it away?? I survived - just!! And only by the skin of my teeth I reckon. I don't actually know if the boy is sposed to be at school tomorrow as he doesn't officially start till the 25th and is still doing school visits but he is damn well going!! Only 2 and a bit weeks till he will be there every lovely day - say it with me.... Ahhhhh bliss!!

Well it has been awhile since I blogged and what have we been doing?? Last weekend we shot down home to Masterton for a couple of job interviews, the first was a bit iffy with a not so good house - I sh*t you not the world's smallest kitchen I could stand there and touch all 4 walls!! All it had going for it was a bath and an indoor laundry.
Second job wasn't a bad job but no house so we'd have to move to town and find a house in the right area (cursed zoning) and lord knows how long that'd take. So we decided this week we'd turn them both down - we aren't desperately needing to leave here (well I am) but we can be a bit choosy for now. Not that it matters cos we haven't heard back from either of them LOL.

Stayed at Dad & WSM's fri night cos they were taking us out to tea on Sat. Peter and I left the kids with them and went window shopping - nearly killed my old hips and knees. Then after lunch we all took the kids to the Esplanade and they had a blast. THey just loved all the baby ducks in the lake and spent ages lying on the platforms watching them - do you think I could get a pic with an actaul duckling in it?? Nooo!!

The next fave of the day was the slides - they decided they had to slide down together all the time so would sit up there and wait (causing a blockage of kids) for the other one to arrive. See the wee girl in the pink hat - she sat there not moving for over 1/2 an hour lord knows where her mother was.

Ya gotta love the face on the Bean dontcha?? Pure joy.

Ok then she dragged Daddy up for a slide - he wasn't keen but again the look on her face was worth is effort.

I like this one of Quinny spying on the oldies sitting down for a rest (read me and Dad & WSM)

Ok what else scrapping wise I did get the redo done so watch for that in the next Up2. HUGE CONGRATS to Lara, Rach, Trina, Lianne and Donna for getting on the ET - see not me LOL. I was starting to panic about the last DT entry I have to do which I haven't started and have to do by the 26th - the whole BTP thing had me worried. for the record I SUCK AT BTP!!! It is what lost me the last DT entry and I want to be able to come up with something for this one. I finally had an idea yesterday which should work, I just have to see if I can get one - cross everything!! Then I only need to do a single and double LO (all in 18 days gulp)

I have been scrapping a few things but again nothing I can show you. I beleive the FK comp winners may have been notified (not me again) so I should be able to show that off soon unless I get a phone call ;) hahaha very likely NOT!!

So that's about all I have been doing extremely boring. Back to the usual routine tomorrow. Lets hope the weather improves as it has been cra*p over the holidays.
Well that's goodbye from me and goodbye from him... till next time........

1 Comments:

At 8:22 pm, Blogger Twobees said...

Hey there. Glad to see you blogging, and I am not sure weather or not your looking forward to school tomorrow or not LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home