Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Quinn's Last day of Kindy

Today was Quinn's last day officially at Makino Kindergarten (he is going on a kindy trip on friday to a marae. He had his big farewell when they move from kindy to school. He had to make himself a birthday crown and decorate a big 5 to wear round his neck.

Here he is in his gloriousness! (he is as I am typing this weraing nothing but his 5 and crown!!)

He also had to make his own birthday cake, his was in the shape of a bunny and he had to ice it, he of course chose yellow and did completely ice it himself. Rather clever methinks! He can make his own pirate ship birthday cake!

This is a pic of himself and his whanau group teacher Loralei who he adores, he is always telling me he is going to tell Loralei this and that. I think he will miss her the most about kindy.

Next is the big birthday party where he gets to sit on a lovely mosaiced birthday chair and everyone sings and claps etc. And voila he is officially a school kid. Phew!!

Other news, I took him to get his hearing tested today after 5 ear infections this winter and a hell of alot of "what??" he can officially hear normally - phew!! I would still like to get him into the ENT to see about stopping the ear infections.

I have found my mojo hiding in my contributers copy of SC - look out for my LO in the latest issue out in NZ soon - a full page might I add!! Wonder what will be hiding in my next copy?? I managed to finish a LO I started a fortnight ago and scrapped one of the family pics as well - can't show you those they are gonna be in a DT entry (only 2 to go and then maybe I can start showing off some pages!!)

I am eagerly awaiting my box from Tarisota, this months pack looks divine and I can't wait to get playing - lets hope it arrives tomorrow so I can play! I dunno if Q is sposed to be at school tomorrow or not as allegedly they have assembly tomorrow afternoon.

I had to take pics of the playcentre kids and their siblings for our fundraising calenders and discovered it is not easy to take pics of more than 2 kids - trying to get them all looking at the lens and smiling is hard work and I didn't manage it with a few of the kids. I am printing the pics off at the moment so hopefully there will only be one or 2 redos. My own frequently photographed kids wouldn't oblige!!

Nothing much else is going on Peter is beginning to apply for new jobs, with the distance from town and the cost of petrol we just can't manage and hope moving closer to town - preferably back home in masterton will make life easier. I decided not to send Bean to kindy next term, I don't think she needs it and really what is she gonna get out of one afternoon a week?? Hopefully by next year we'll be close enough to town that she can go to morning kindy 5 mornings a week.

Well that is about me, catch you all later.

1 Comments:

At 6:51 am, Blogger Trina said...

What cute pics! Good news about Quinns hearing. Yay.

Can't wait to see the latest SC. Well done on getting in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home