Monday, March 06, 2006

Have A Nice Day!

You know how sometimes you come across a song that just says everything you are thinking and feeling at a particular point in your life and it goes on to become a mantra or theme song for you? Well today I found mine! I was watching Oprah this afternoon reminiscing my youth as she had Bon Jovi on - gotta love them! Anyway, at the end of the show they sang their new song "Have A Nice Day" which I just love and it is saying everything I have been wanting to say
recently. I am so gonna buy this album when it comes out and blast it from my stereo!!!

I have had a hard time this past year dealing with my fractured family and certain members of my family having difficulties with my choices and the things I chose to do and people I associate with. You know who you are and I won't go into details as I have already gotten myself into the sh** on this blog for having my own opinions. I was under the impression that I am an adult of 34 and only answerable to myself and maybe my husband. This song says what I am feeling, mostly the chorus but take from it what you will.

Have A Nice Day - Bon Jovi

Why you wanna tell me how to live my life?
Who are you to tell me if it's black or white?
Mama, can you hear me? Try to understand.
Is innocence the difference between a boy and a man.
My daddy lived the lie, it's just the price that he paid.
Sacrificed his life, just slavin away.

Ohhh, if there's one thing I hang onto,
It gets me through the night.
I aint gonna do what I don't want to,
I'm gonna live my life.
Shining like a diamond, rolling with the dice,
Standing on the ledge, show the wind how to fly.
When the world gets in my face,
I say, Have A Nice Day.
Have A Nice Day.

Take a look around you, look it's what he sees.
We're living in a broken home of hopes and dreams,
Let me be the first to shake a helping hand.
Everybody, pray enough to take a stand,
I knocked on every door, on every dead end street,
Looking for forgiveness,
What's left to believe?

Ohhh, If there's one thing I hang onto,
It gets me through the night.
I aint gonna so what I don't want to,
I'm gonna live my life.
Shining like a diamond, rolling with the dice,
Standing on the ledge, show the wind how to fly.
When the world gets in my face,
I say, Have A Nice Day.
Have A Nice Day.

When the world keeps trying, to drag me down,
I've gotta raise my hands, gonna stand my ground.
Well I say, Have A Nice Day.
Have A Nice Day
Have A Nice Day.

So that is my new song :) I hope that things settle down and I am seen as a person with a brain who can be annoyed with people off my own bat and under no influence from other people. If anyone doesn't like my decision to live my life how it suits me can Have A Nice Day!!!

LOL I am in an introspective mood today! Am reading Self Matters by Dr Phil he has some good points about being your authentic self rather than who you or others think you should be. So that is what I am doing being authentic to me and what I want.

Well things to do pots to stir...

Have A Nice Day!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home