Saturday, February 25, 2006

Apiti show day


Well so far it is shaping up to be a good weekend. Off I trotted to MaryAnne's last night to do the food prep for the show. Planned on staying an hour, well the wine came out and I ended up there till midnight! Between the 6 of us we drank about 8 bottles of wine. Stayed till midnight to see in Chonny's birthday. It was the first time in years that my bed has swung around the room - backwards I might add!! Good night though.

Was a bit hungover/tired this morning when bloody Tess woke the kids barking at 6am!! GRR!! My shift at the show went ok, amazing how slow the old brain is on serving and working out change although by the end of it I was doing ok, but me feets were killin me!! Of course I was working and didn't get to take many pics. I arrived as Quinn was having a ride on Taylor's pony, he looks a natural in this pic dontchya think?? I couldn't get over the look on Aislinn's face though grinning like her birthday and christmas rolled into one! I have a feeling she'll be wanting a horse next!!

Thankfully Dad & Sylvia are as bad as me when it comes to taking pics and they took these for me. Peter survived his shift on the BBQ and he seemed to like Sara's hubby Mike. Hopefully we made alot of money for playcentre we certainly sold a ton of pie, sausages and steak sarnies. Kids had fun. Dad fixed up the bunny abode ready for monday - great having a handy father!! They were rapt with the LO I did for them which is cool, they have helped us out alot recently so it is nice to do something in return.

Had a good natter to Bronny this afternoon, she emailed me a lovely photo of the 70s brown and orange kitchen in the house they are looking at getting on their new farm - purty!! I am looking forward to the white leaf LO Bron!

Have managed to talk Mum into coming for tea on tues instead of Monday thankfully or I'd be a stressing to get back from Palmy, cook a roast, aa birthday cake and ice it!! We nearly came to blows over the dad vs shaun issue, she drives me batty with her one eyed opinion that dad is the devil incarnate. She made a veiled comment about Cameron when I said I felt sorry for him missing out on Dad (trying to stay nuetral and not place onus on either Dad or Shaun to sort things ) anyway I got the impression she thinks he isn't missing out. Whatever wrongs Dad has done to her in her mind I can't see how she can think he is anything other than a wonderful Grandad to the kids - just look at this pic of him and Aislinn.That woman will never change, she will be bitter and twisted till the end of her days, but at least nowdays I rise above it and can withdraw myself from her crap. At the end of the day my kids have so much love in their lives with having Dad & Sylvia as part of it that I am glad I am not depriving them of it.

Ahh well I must get to bed, busy day scrapping circle journals tomorrow.

It's goodnight from me and it's goodnight from her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home