Thursday, March 29, 2007

Celebrating this week!!

This has been a good week so far, firstly on Monday at JC I lost 2.6kg! Go me! So pleased it is working. I am still in the groove with this programme long may it continue.

Then Tuesday I got an email from Andrea at SO informing me I am one of the top 10 finalists for the SO Survivor Design team comp!! Soooo stoked and yet shocked they picked me, i keep thinking I am gonna get an email saying nope we were wrong you suck! LOL. The standard of entries was so high I honestly never expected I would get anywhere near the top 10.

Huge congrats to the rest of the 10 : Trina McClune, Kelly Rotherham, Janine Worthington, Lis Cassey, Tammy Milburn, Vicky Gibson, Monique Darge, Natasha Kirk and Ilka Adam, these ladies are hugely talented and i am thrilled to be amongst them. Roll on sunday when we find out our first challenge - it works like survivor where we get voted off until 2 remain and they are part of the 2007 design team. As long as I don't have to eat a cockroach I should be ok.

Ok almost bigger than that news is the achievement of my boy, at last after nearly a year of trying to persuade him he has finally learnt to ride his bike without training wheels GO QUINNY!!! He had his bike at school since monday and Kelly dropped it off for him yesterday, one of his training wheels was smashed and both were quite buckled and Kelly said that the kids at school reckoned he was riding without them on the ground anyway. So I took them off and told him they were stuffed and he'd have to practice without them. Tried to get him to practice on the concrete pad but i think the fear of falling and thinking too much about no training wheels made him give up.

Half an hour later I was watching TV and he was on the lawn with the bike, I told him to ride it there and he did - a few feet before crashing. So I went out and helped him and he did so well. I had to practice with him again after school which involved me running behind him trying to get him to keep his back straight and head up. He is improving he can go around things and further without falling off. Hopefully by saturday he will be right. I am so proud of my boy.

Here is a LO I did a few weeks ago, a total scraplift of one in CK, I loved this pic of Dad and bean at the bach when we were down in Foxton and it looks fab in this LO. I did a couple of LOs today but it is too dark now to take pics.


I was going to put some pics on but they aren't uploading cursed blog!! Will try to do that over the weekend.

Catch ya all later.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 pm, Blogger Twobees said...

Way to go Sharee. Firstly on the weight loss and secondly making it through to the top 10 for scrapbook outlet. Yehaaaa. Told ya :)
Isn't Quinn doing well on the bike. Love the photos :)

 
At 1:53 pm, Blogger dallas said...

Congratulations - both on the weight loss & getting into the top 10, don't know why you're surprised - your work is gorgeous!!
Go Mr Quinn on your bike - least he's avoided the rose bushes, unlike my delicate daughter when she was learning!
Looking forward to seeing all the work for the Top 10!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home