Thursday, March 13, 2008

A very loooonnnnggg post

Bear with me I have alot of pics to post on here. My puter died a couple of weeks ago and I have a new one up and running so now i can update this and show some new photos and some new layouts to share too.

We have had a busy few weeks with Miss Aislinn turning 5, she had the big party the saturday before her actual birthday with a Tea Party theme, I had grand plans to have it all outside in a decorated gazebo with butterflies, lanterns and crepe paper roses. Unfortunately I was thwarted by the wind, the gazebo collapsed just after I decorated it beautifully so I had to start again and decorate the inside of the house. Thankfully I got it all done before all the guests arrived. She got thoroughly spoilt and had a great party.

The cake was a scrapping masterpiece. She was supposed to have a tea pot cake but at the last minute decided she wanted a pink number 5. I thought to myself "what the hell am I gonna decorate it with??" I had a flash of scrap inspiration and decided to pipe with white icing wee doodles all over it, and the piece de resistance I got the butterfly template from the last issue of FK and piped white chocolate over it and made freestanding butterflies - doesn't it look cool??

They are my new fave thing. I reckon they'd look awesome on a chocolate wedding cake - anyone getting married wants me to make em a butterfly cake??? I liked them so much I made them for the cake for the bbq for her actual birthday.

On her birthday we had a bbq, which Peter's family and my mum were there for and she had a blast. I am going to make her a mini album of her party at some point.

These are the divine tiny cupcakes I made for the party, my other fave thing to make.


More food...everything was pink.


All the girls in their finery...


They had a sugar lump relay race...

The big school girl on her first full day of school. She really loves school, she is trying desperately to be friends with the bigger girls in her class but they aren't keen so I will be glad when Anita starts school next term.

They had swimming sports on her birthday and the kids enjoyed it, it was stinking hot and there was alot of mucking around but I took the opportunity to take heaps of photos.


Onto scrapping, my lovely friend Bronny went to scrap camp in Queenstown this past weekend, i decided to spend the weekend scrapping as well. I did a mini album for Cameron's birthday, an awesome one for Anita and a few LOs I also caught up on some handsewing too so have a few layouts to share.

I did this one a few weeks back, about my favourite place at the moment, Fensham Reserve. Liz and I walk here about 4 times a week it is so gorgeous and serene.

I did this one before xmas and it has sat in my handsewing box for soooo long. This is an old pic of Quinn at about 3 finally scrapped it.


This is another pre xmas page, Aislinn shaking her butt at the sea, I beaded all the way around the black scalloped cs.


Peter and Aislinn at the park in Carterton in November using up some scraps here couldn't be bothered sewing this one. LOL

I did this one this weekend. Quinny pretending to be asleep in a hammock. See Bronny I stamped the title and used vellum on this page. The flourish on the lower left corner is from the latest FK I traced it in vellum and it looks quite cool methinks.


This is another one for you Bronny - paint!!!! I did this one on Saturday, painted the background pp before adding the rest. Tried my hand at a pleated frame too, bottom flourish is all beaded with handmade glass beads I have had in my stash since I started scrapping. The gorgeous and girly things are off a present Aislinn got - raided all the packaging ;)


I did this one just after xmas, pretty simple really.

This one I love, did it a month or so ago, My baby - awww!! The wee bird is from the packaging from a Littlest Petshop set she got for xmas.


This one is Quinny about to kick the soccer ball while playing with my brother. the boy in the cap embie is off an old shirt of Quinn's finally used it in a LO.


Finally a photo of Aislinn I haven't known how to scrap for ages. At last it is scrapped, poor wee mite fell in a manky old pond the first week we moved to Apiti.

Well that is me better get off here, will post over the weekend with more pics and mini albums too. Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home