Thursday, July 05, 2007

Phew survived a week of the holidays....

More to the point the kids have too!! ROFL!! It hasn't been too bad actually. I have been able to drop them around at Farley's so I can escape for my walks and I am throwing them outside at every opportunity. I have pics and LOs to share today. First the pics. My poor camera thinks I no longer love it as I have taken eff all photos since we moved down here. I tried to rectify that by taking some pics of the kids goofing on the tramp on tuesday afternoon.

We are budgie sitting for the holidays, we have bluey the kindy budgie here mainly because I didn't wanna do kindy clean up - no wine involved unlike playcentre ;) I am actually using it as a trial pet. I have wanted a budgie for years since my last budgie Lunch died, but we always had cats and I never did get one. Now we only have Tazzy, I am revisiting the idea. I figure budgie sitting was the perfect trial run. I am actually loving having him and will miss him when he goes back to kindy. Will have to save my pennies for a budgie methinks.

Here is a mugshot of yours truly sporting my new specs. Quinny took the pic. I took a few days to get used to them, they are heavier than I am used to and I kept thinking I had my sunnies on LOL. I am still doing well at weightwatchers, I lost 2.9kg my first week and 1.6 this week, I have now lost 13.2kg all up and am hoping to hit 20kg by the time Dad's wedding rolls around next month. I have been walking at least 3 times a week and am enjoying it and really noticing a difference, it also helps that I am not sitting on my butt as much as I was in Apiti.

I have been scrapping a bit, alot of scraplifting - the amount of pics I have mounting up to scrap it is sometimes easier to scraplift IKWIM?

This first one is Quinny all dressed in his uniform on the forst day at Greytown school. Loving the new SR papers I got a few weeks ago (thanks Megan)

Then i scraplifted my lovely friend Jo Burney (Hi Jo *waving*) I loved her version of this LO when I saw her doing it at scrapcamp and whenever I looked at this paper I couldn't see past the arrow LOL. This is Quinny and his mate Huntah a few days before we left Apiti.

Another scraplift this time from the April CK which for some reason I have just gotten this week. I wanted to do a journalling focussed page and this design worked so well. Bling came from PaknSave LOL!!

There was a challenge last week to do a baby page on a MSN group I just joined. I went and bought these chipboard accents and then had the hard job of creating something that co-ordinated with them and find a pic of Aislinn that was scrappable at that age (no ink in printer so had to use old pic) This pic used to hang on our lounge wall. It actually came together better than i thought it was going to while i was working on it.

This is a scraplift of the amazingly talented Kathie Link. My nephew Cameron when he was teeny. I usually scrap the pics of them and give them to them but decided to do this one for our family album - awwwwww!!!

This one is a pic I took ages ago and wanted to scrap but didn't know what to do with it. don'tchya love it when you finally come up with an idea??!! Loving the felt flower :)

I did this one yesterday, pic is a little out of focus but she looks like such a farm kid I had to scrap it. Gotta love that SR Laurel!

Finally my fave LO of recent times. A complete scraplift of a LO in the last FK. Love love love this page!! Was wondering what to do with the darn bird paper and this is perfect. I love the pic of Aislinn and WSM that I took at the rugby a while back, Aislinn was being silly and throwing herself at Sylvia. Yip still loving it!!

Here are some pics of the kids horsing about on the tramp. Aislinn was such a dag, I was off taking a pic of Quinn when she yelled out "mummy why aren't you watching Amazing Aislinn??" gotta love it, I feel a LO coming on!


Actually that one is quite cute!


Quinny talking to Sylvia on the phone last night.



Hope you are all surviving the holidays - only one more week to get through!!

1 Comments:

At 2:03 am, Blogger kathie said...

hey, I just found your blog! I love this sweet take on my layout. Gorgeous photo :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home