Tuesday, November 27, 2007

WWB (World's Worst Blogger!)

God I am terrible at updating this, no I haven't died or been abducted by aliens. Life is just so darn busy that I am lucky to spend an hour a week on the puter these days. What has been happening?? Erm scratching brain trying to remember....

Quinny turned 6! Where the heck did 6 years go?? one minute he was my beautiful baby and now he's this big skinny kid who loves to armpit fart!! That wasn't what I ordered I am sure. He had a party here which was a success entirely due to my amazing friend Liz who is extremely excellent at party games and made a giant sponge bob for pin the tail on sponge bob and a giant patrick for the kids to throw water balloons at (huge hit btw) She even rescued me from great cake disaster when my first attempt at icing sponge bob looked like my 1yo neice had iced it after my piping bag broke 1/4 the way through icing it. Liz came round the next morning and reiced him for me and he looked rather cool.

Quinn's fave thing was I had arranged with Chonny for Dad to bring Huntah down for the party and to stay the night and Chonny and Adam picked him up the next day. They were so excited to see each other. Definately need to go up to Apiti for a trip over the xmas holidays - mid Jan girls I will be coming up.

What else? Finally Aislinn has her cast off and wires out, she has a gnarly scar but is very happy to no longer be the centre of attention when out and about. She is getting better range of motion in it all the time and when we went to see the surgeon last week he was very pleased with how it is going. She has had to flag ballet this term but is keen to go back next year. She is still enjoying kindy and soon will be starting school visits.

My MIL turned 70 a few days before Quinn's birthday so our birthday week was very hectic attending her various functions. I had an awesome birthday, simple but the best way to spend the day. Dad & Sylvia came over and my friend Mim & her fiance Vince came for drinkies so I was drinking all day sitting out in the sun yakking and eating birthday cake - just fab!

I had a paying photography job, I took photos for my BIL Bruce's mum's 70th party, got well paid too - definatley need to get into this as a job! I am now enrolled for a photography course next year at UCOL, only 1 day a week for 3 or 4 months can't wait for it to start. I have been putting together a portfolio and need to get a website up and running too (yeah when I get time! Can't even keep this updated)

This month has been pretty quiet. Am walking 6kms every night with Liz and getting fitter, I am planning on doing the round the vines in Martinborough in March and heading up to Apiti for the gutbuster in April. I have lost 21kg now and am trying to be stricter on myself to get 10kg off before Mim's wedding on 1st march (which I am photographer for Argh!) Life just seems to be picking up and dropping off kids and walking. I have been scrapping this month though.

I had a blast doing the LOs for SO guest designer of the month, will put those up next month but I do have a few to share. My problem is I do this handsewing on my pages, looks fab, takes forever and I wonder each time why the hell I started doing it, but now it is kinda my thing. So I always have a pile to work through before I can photograph em and put them up. I think there are 12 in the box waiting to be sewn - gulp!

This one is Aislinn and Anita at ballet. The day she broke her arm!!

Aislinn and her pet lamb from last year.

Quinny's first day at Apiti School - seems forever ago now.

Aislinn in her flowergirl dress after the wedding pics.

These 2 are scarily alike!!!

Quinny doing his speech on the last day at Apiti School, I stuck his original to the back.
What else? Oh I have changed Quinn's school last week. As I said last post he was miserable at Greytown. I finally had enough of waiting for things to improve so rang the Principal at Dalefield School about sending him there. Went to check the school out the next morning and decided on the spot to enrol him startin last monday. Went to his school to pick him up at 2pm to take him to see it and informed his teacher that the next day (friday) would be his last day. Well did she bollock me! Telling me he was trying to manipulate me, he was perfectly happy there and my fave make sure I tell the principal it wasn't her fault so he didn't think she was a crap teacher. Sort of reinforced to me that I had made the right decision. The next day when i picked him up she was nice as pie, took me to get his report signed by the principal, no "sorry you feel the need to pull your son out of my school, what could we have done??" so I am pleased I have done the right thing. Quinn has been at his new school since last monday and is loving it. It is only 60 kids as opposed to 310 and is very similar to Apiti School, very family and child oriented and I think he is feeling more secure. He has Liz's son Dylan whom he is great mates there and there have been no tears at all since going there.


He is also finally in the age of toothlessness and loved having the tooth fairy leave him $$. His Gran pulled em out for him which he delights in telling the squeamish. And the tooth fairy knowing he has a scrapbooking mother even left notes.

We went to the Carterton Xmas Parade last week, the kids loved it, came home with free Maccas caps and pockets full of Lollies - Quinn's verdict "This is better than Xmas Mum" we are off to the Masterton one this weekend and next month are going to a free xmas concert at Tauherinikau.



Took me a while to work out this is a smoke alarm!

Car that drove both ways - very cool & Quinn's fave!

Has been so hot here this past week or so. We have been swimming in the river every day and even went to Liz's to swim on Thursday, bean is fearless and a water baby Quinn is more chicken until he remembers he learnt to swim last year!

I caught Quinn "making beer" on Sunday morning - they ended up looking like ther had been a student party with all the empties on the lawn!!
Well that's about me till next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home