Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's been a year.... Anyone still out there?????

Hello Strangers!!
Yup it has been pretty much a year since I updated this cursed thing I bet you all have vanished into the cyber ether in frustration with me.


It was a busy year, I spent most of it Nannaing with my mates Liz and Chele as we spun and knitted, crotched and quilted 2008 away - I even occasionally scrapped.


My babies had a great year at school, Aislinn just turned 6, Quinny is now an annoying 7 yo and we have brought our first house. I have broken my camera so am lacking in pics of late will try and post some on here, finally have broadband so uploading isn't as much of a pain.

Wot have I been up to? Have just finished my return to nursing course and am waiting for the paperwork from the nursing council to tell me i am allowed to practice as an RN. I have a job 2 afternoons a fortnight at Palliser in Greytown, and will pick up more shifts at Glenwood in Masterton until I decide what nursing I want to do.
I am keen on doing some palliative papers in the near future, I enjoy that side of it, that and wounds really.

Peter is still working for the lovely Ray (note dripping sarcasm!) he is dying to get outta dairy farming. He has sat his HT liscences but nobody wants to hire an inexperienced driver especially in a recession so god knows when he will get his wish and give up 4am starts.

Quinny has moved up a class this year, he is slowly adapting being in the bigger kids class. He is into hockey this year in a huge way, good to see him finally enjoying an extracurricular activity. He has packed in Keas,was bored with just doing crafts, this kids needs to burn off steam!!

Beany had a good first year at school, despite breaking her arm again a year to the day since the last one!! Luckily it was just a minor break and no hospital stays. She has packed in Ballet and Pippins and wants to do swimming, am yet to get around to booking her in must get onto that tomorrow.


But the greatest thing to happen to us this year has been buying our first house. All these years of living in cruddy farm workers houses we have a place of our own! We decided we couldn't hack another winter in the old place and Ray has been trying to force Peter out of his job so with the help of Peter's wonderful mum we started looking at buying a house. We found this one on the first day. We went to a place around the corner and had time to kill before the next open home, saw this place had an open home on and decided to check it out. Fell in love with it, it is 3 bedrooms, has a conservatory, a freestanding lod fire so we will be warm for once!, an avairy and the kids fave.... a pool!!! It is low maintenence and has lots of storage so we made an offer and a month later we moved in!! And we still love it, the kids had a blast in the pool over summer and I am loving having my own house no-one can tell me what to do in. Even Peter seems more relaxed living off the farm.

Well I am off to watch Dancing with the stars and finish bean's sock. I will endeavour to update this again soon.

4 Comments:

At 8:31 pm, Blogger Angela said...

Hi Sharee.

I don't remember how I came to your blog, but it's been on my list for ages........ I was just surfing through, and surprise, surprise, I see an update, but I can't talk, I haven't updated mine for yonks, despite having 3 posts started and sitting as drafts.

Isn't it great to be in your own house, feels great.

Good on you for returning to nursing, hope things go the way you want, and things go well for you hubby aswell. This whole recession is worrying, my dad is a truck driver/concrete tanks 'builder', and has been knocked back in hours too, so it's everywhere!

Nice to hear from you!

 
At 8:05 pm, Blogger Twobees said...

Welcome back to blogger land. Please don't make us wait another 12 months for a update LOL.
Hows the new camera going now? Now you have the card I look forward to seeing more photos :) Take care

 
At 8:06 pm, Blogger Twobees said...

Welcome back to blogger land. Please don't make us wait another 12 months for a update LOL.
Hows the new camera going now? Now you have the card I look forward to seeing more photos :) Take care

 
At 8:55 am, Blogger Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home